There is nothing better than getting nutrients from vegetables, while eating a cake. Satisfy your sweet tooth without adding sugar, do something super easy, delicious and plant-based.No added sugar, flour, refined ingredients, all natural. Easily prepared in one bowl or in a mixer. You can twist it as you want, add chocolate on top, inside the cake or even some almonds or coconut. Nothing better than having a perfect dessert done in 45 min.
- 250g of beetroot (cooked, pre-cooked)
- 150g gluten-free oats (normal ones work as well)
- 50g maple syrup
- 50g of melted coconut oil
- 5 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 pack of baking powder
- Preheat oven for 170°
- Mix the beetroot in a mixer
- Add all the other ingredients and mix all together
- Place into a baking tray, evenly
- Bake for 30-40 mins, it should be smooth and moist, not dry
- Let it cool down and enjoy!
As I said before, you can add chocolate topping on the cake, almonds, coconut, or even serve with coconut cream. Let us know how you liked it, cannot wait to hear your feedback 🙂
Why we like it:
- Beetroots help to improve blood pressure, blood flow and detoxification. They are rich in fiber, B9, manganese, potassium, iron and vitamin A and C.
- Gluten free oats gives you loads of energy, they are a great source of fiber, super filling and great for digestion. Nutrients in oats work great together with the vitamin C in the beetroots to further enhance antioxidative effects.
- Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants that have anti-inflammantory effects, it can regulate or lower blood sugar levels and reduce heart disease risk factors
xx Naty and Ari