A delicious soup that can be enjoyed both warm or cold. It’s also a nice and fresh alternative for spring-summer meals. Super easy to make, the most “difficult or tricky” part is cutting the butternut squash!
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 potatoes
- water (see the method)
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- extra virgin olive oil
- pumpkin seeds
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 200°
- Cut the butternut squash and the potatoes into chunks and season them with spices and rosemary
- Put them in the oven and roast at 200° for 35-40 minutes
- Let them cool down a bit and then mix everything in the food processor with as much water as you want the consistency to be like
- Decorate with pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of olive oil
HINT: If you want it more creamy add half water and half almond, soy or oat milk; if you like it more exotic, go for coconut milk, delicious! remember to avoid the sweetened milks, they might completely alterate the final result of the soup.
Why we like it:
- you can prepare it in big quantities and put it in the freezer, so you are sure you will never be without anything to eat for dinner
- Great comfort food, you can serve it with bread or crackers
- It is light and easy to digest for your stomach
- It is orange, so it looks good and makes us happy 🙂
Enjoy and have fun preparing your meals!
XX Ari and Naty