Is there anything better than pancakes? No, especially when you serve this vegan version. Still indulgent, yet healthy and super easy to make. You only need few ingredients and add any toppings of your choice. A total winner even for those who are not keen on plant-based, healthy meals.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free, or normal oats
- 1/2 cup of almond milk/water
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- coconut oil
- Preheat a pan
- Add all the other ingredients in a blender and mix it together. Alternatively you can mash the banana with fork and add the rest of the ingredients.
- The mixture should turn out nice and thick, I like it when it still has bits of banana and oats, it adds volume to the pancakes.
- Add coconut oil to the pan. Add a one third of the mixture to the middle of the saucepan, shape it into a circle and cook for 1-2minutes and turn. Repeat with the rest of the mix.
- Add your blueberries and enjoy!
You can serve it with other toppings you like, maple syrup, nut butters, other fruits. The possibilities are endless. It is such a simple staple recipe that is so satisfying for your sweet tooth.
Why we like it:
- Very few ingredients needed, super fast
- Banana is rich in potassium that is important for blood pressure regulation. It is sweet and gives you a great energy kick in the morning. In addition it has tryptophan, which turns into serotonin in your brain helping to regulate insomnia.
- Oats provide fibre and protein to give you energy, fill you up and keep you going longer
- Blueberries are great source of antioxidants benefiting your heart and vessels, skin and can help prevent cancer