This curry is a warm and nourishing lifesaver. It is good on its own, or with fresh veggies. The two basic ingredients that you need are just red lentils and sweet potatoes, that’s all! For all the people that think that cooking healthy meals requires many ingredients that difficult to find 🙂
- 2 cups of red lentils
- 2 or 3 big sweet potatoes
- spices: curry, paprika, pinch of cayenne pepper, cumin.
- Chop the potatoes in small chunks
- Rinse the lentils
- Put lentils and sweet potatoes in a big pot, covered with double the volume of water. Add salt and spices: the quantity is as much as you like, I suggest half teaspoon each but only a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Cook until the potatoes are soft. The red lentils take 20 minutes to cook and depending on the size of the potatoes chunks, they should be ready in the same time
- Once you reach the creamy texture you like, it’s ready!
Why we like it:
- It is easy and effortless to make and if you cook it in large doses it can last up to 5 days
- Lentils provide a great amount of protein and satisfaction
- Sweet potatoes are a good source of vitamin B6, C, D, magnesium and potassium
- It is easy to be combined with rice, quinoa, other veggies like courgettes, tomatoes or spinach, to make e very lunch and dinner different but without having to cook every day!
Always looking forward to reading your feedbacks 🙂 Enjoy your meal!