I love these simple cookies, biscuits that I always make as a snack to take to work…because yes, I am such a snacker and I always crave sweets. But I want something that will give me long lasting energy and not a sugar rush. I love to bake them in the evening, the apple and cinnamon make the house smell divine 🙂 Enjoy!
- 1 big apple
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter or any nut butter of your choice. Peanut butter works amazingly
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of ground almonds
- 3 medjool dates
- 4 tbsp of agave or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- vanilla extract, or 1 fava tonca (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Soak the chia seeds in 3 tablespoons of water, at least for 15 minutes. You can even do it some hours before so that when you start baking you do wait.
- Mix EVERYTHING in the food processor: DONE!
- Two options now: put the dough in a large baking tray as you would do for a cake or with a table spoon or your hands create the shape cookies
- Bake it for 35 minutes at 180°; once the surface is getting a bit brownish they are ready
Why we like it:
- They are super easy, the mixer does everything
- They are very cheap to make
- They are the easy snack at work, at school or just at home in front of the TV 😉
- They have a good amount of protein thanks to the nut butter and the chia seeds