My most loved smoothie! So fresh, a bit green, I feel so good when I drink it. I think it can be called addition to spinach☺. Actually, they just add that little bit of veggie that makes the smoothie not only sweet and fruity.
- 1/2 frozen banana (or fresh and add a few ice cubes)
- Handful of spinach
- 1 or 2 kiwi
- 1/2 cup almond or oat milk
- Superfood: 1 tbsp of chia seeds soaked overnight or for at least 10 minutes
- Superfood: one teaspoon of maca powder
- Put in the blender banana, spinach, peeled kiwi, chia seeds. Add the liquid and then add the powder
- Blend all together until smooth
- Add as much liquid as you want the consistency to be like. If you want it lighter, you can put half water and half non diary milk
Super food: everything you like can be added, our everyday one is always maca powder, that can be used it in juices and porridges. In terms of benefits, it is good for energy, plus it helps balancing hormones. It has fibers, minerals like calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, sodium, and phosphorus; moreover, some vitamins like B1, B2, B6, B12, PP and C.
Chia seeds: source of Omega-3 fatty acids and proteins. They are easier to digest when they are soaked overnight (1 tablespoon chia- 2 tablespoon water), as they become softer.
Why we like it:
- it boosts your energy levels
- you will get a portion of veggies, always good, without even noticing it
- easy to digest
- source of protein