Colourful, filling and great meal to prepare to take to work, school, wherever. You can combine all the delicious ingredients just like in the recipe, or do the part you crave the most. Eat the chickpeas as an alternative to a popcorn and the mash on its own or a side to any other meal. But believe us, you need to try the combination of crispy chickpeas, mash and spinach. So delicious.
- Crispy chickpeas
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp of smoked paprika/ or normal paprika
- 1tbsp of curcuma
- 1.5 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- Carrot-Potato Mash
- 1kg of carrots
- 1 big sweet potato
- 1 tbsp of provencal spices
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 3 tbsp of plant milk or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bags of fresh spinach/ or use frozen
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Preheat the oven for 200°C. Cut the carrots and potatoes into pieces and steam them for about Mix the chickpeas for about 40 minutes or you can eventually boil them until very soft.
- Mix the chickpeas with the spices and bake them for 30-40 minutes until crispy.
- Mash the carrots and potato with the spices and the liquid of your choice (olive oil or plant milk).
- Sautée the spinach and serve everything together or individually.
Why we like it:
- Few ingredients needed
- Chickpeas are a great source of fibre and plant-based protein, together with the spinach they add even more iron which helps to boost your energy levels
- Each part of the meal is great on its own
- Very versatile you can mix it with other veggies or into other meals you like