You know the time when you just don’t feel like cooking and the thing you crave is a toast? This is the perfect plant-based savoury version that is delicious, filling and totally satisfying. I like to eat it for dinner, but it works equally well for breakfast, lunch or snack. Just anytime.
- 1 piece of a rye bread
- hummus (I either buy organic one or do my own, recipe coming soon!)
- frozen or fresh spinach (as much as you want)
- garlic powder
- 1/2 a can of red beans
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- Sauté the spinach, mix in the garlic. In the meantime spread the hummus on the toast, mine is really yellow, because I like adding curcuma 😀
- When the spinach is sautéed, stir in the beans and sun-dried tomatoes and let it heat for a while.
- Add the mixture on the toast and enjoy!
You can serve it with other toppings you like such as fresh tomatoes, spinkle nutritional yeast or some almonds.
Why we like it:
- It is very simple, affordable
- The beans are a great source of fibre and plant-based protein
- The spinach adds the greens, it provides a great variety of nutrients such niacin and zinc, fibre, vitamins A, C, E and K, vitamin B6, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium and MUCH more.
- Hummus is a delicious spread adding more fibre and plant-based protein, together with the spinach adds more iron which helps to boost your energy levels