First time trying a banana bread recipe and having shredded coconut on hand turned out to be such a success that I did another the next day. It is such a fluffy and delicious bread. Definitely worth it when having some overripe bananas and wondering what to do with them.
I have always loved baking, my first attempts in the kitchen where actually baking. I have loved nothing more than baking for my family and the wonderful smell in the kitchen. I created this recipe when visiting my family back home in Prague couple weeks ago and it has been such a winner since even for my non-vegan family!
- 3-4 overripe bananas
- 60 g of oats (I prefer gluten-free)
- 60 g of shredded coconut
- 180g of gluten free flour
- 1 pack of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 60g of melted coconut oil
- 60ml of almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 60-70ml of maple syrup
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- chia-egg (1tbsp of chia seeds plus 4 tbsp of water)
Toppings of your choice
- Bananas, nuts, coconut, chocolate bites
- Preheat the oven for 175° C degrees. Prepare the chia egg. Let it soak for app 15min.
- Mash the banana and add all other liquid ingredients and spices, the melted coconut oil, almond milk, maple syrup cinnamon, vanilla extract.
- Mix in the dry ingredients, the oats+ flour+ shredded coconut+ chia egg+ baking powder and baking soda
- Stir the mixture well, until all combined and fluffy. Spoon it into the loaf pan and spread out evenly. Add the toppings of your choice.
- Bake for 45-55 min, depending on your oven. Let it cool for at 20-30 minutes before slicing and enjoy!
Why we like it:
- Who doesn’t like a sweet fluffy dessert
- Great combination of banana and coconut
- It is vegan and gluten-free
- Bananas and oats give you loads of energy
- Quick ready to have bread for breakfast, snack or dessert