The idea of this smoothie came out one morning when I was feeling heavy from the dinner I had the previous night. I needed energy and I was craving only fresh fruit….and voilà! I tried with the ingredients I had at home and the result was gorgeous 🙂 Refreshing and light concentrate of vitamins, to stay healthy and treat yourself at the same time.
- 4 strawberries
- 1 kiwi
- 1 pear
- 2 red oranges
- almond or oat milk or water
- superfood: 1 teaspoon of flex seeds
- half teaspoon of cinnamon (Ceylon, not Cassia. For more explanation, see the our page Conversation – Food)
- Carefully wash the strawberries, peel oranges and kiwi
- Put all the fruits in the mixer/blender, add cinnamon and flax seeds
- Add as much liquid (non-diary milk or water) as you would like the consistency of your smoothie to be like
- Enjoy 🙂
Why we like it:
- Cinnamon seems unusual with the oranges in a smoothie, but it adds a bit of spiciness
- Flax seeds are a super food rich in Omega-3 (ALA) Fatty Acids, which means that they contribute in supporting a normal cardiovascular function and they help to maintain healthy hair, skin and nails
- It allows you to easily drink your vitamins and if you add the super-foods, it means more goodness for your body
Flaxseeds used: Ground Premium Flaxseeds from Spectrum Essential.
Ceylon cinnamon: for those who live in London, in Notting Hill – Portobello, there is a fabulous spice store called THE SPICE SHOP. There you can find really easily Ceylon cinnamon.