Accidents happen, and this was a really tasty one. Not having blueberries made me experiment with other fruit and since apricots are in season, I had them on hand. These delicious, fluffy, no oil and gluten-free muffins are a must treat to try!
- 3 bananas
- 4 apricots
- 1 and 3/4 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1 pack of baking powder
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 125 ml of maple syrup
- 60 ml of apple puree
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of water/almond milk
- Preheat the oven for 175°C.
- Mash the bananas, mix in the maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon apple puree and stir well.
- Add in the flour, water, baking powder and stir until well combined. Cut the apricots into pieces and stir them into the mixture with spatula. Keep few apricot pieces for the top of the muffins.
- Transfer the mix into the muffin trays greasing them with coconut oil add in muffin paper cups.
- Bake for app. 30minutes until you can stick a fork into a muffin and it comes out clean. Let it cool before serving and enjoy!
Why we like it:
- It’s muffins!
- Easy and delicious
- Filling and nutritious, the buckwheat flour provides complex carbs and the fruits give you boost of vitamins