One pot wonder perfect hold or cold. Delicious combination of sweet potato, peas, spinach and beans make this meal super filling. Full of warming spices greatly infuse the tomato sauce. I love serving it on its own, with salad, brown rice, couscous, or quinoa.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 250g frozen peas
- 500g frozen spinach/or fresh
- 1 can of beans
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp oregano
- 1tbsp of smoked paprika (or normal)
- 1tbsp of chilli powder (optional)
- 1-2 cups of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water into boil in a small pot. Cut the potatoes into pieces and let them cook app 15 minutes until tender.
- In the meantime, heat the spinach with the garlic in a saucepan, once sautéed, add the chopped tomatoes, peas, other spices and water and let it simmer for couple minutes occasionally stirring.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add them to the pan together with and beans, let it cook until all mixed and warm.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, serve hot or cold, on its own or with salad, brown rice, couscous or quinoa.
Why we like it: