These energy balls are my first attempt to do any energy balls. Their name capture my initial reaction, so sweet and soft, yet crispy, with a nutty flavour, the taste is truly delicious. It is a perfect go to snack and they are suitable for freezing too!
Ingredients for 10-12 energy balls:
- 8 Medjool dates
- 100g cashews
- 100g almonds
- 1tbs chia seeds
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- Place the cashews and almonds into a food processor and blend for a minute or two until they are crushed.
- Then put the pitted dates and other ingredients and blend until nice and sticky.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, place them in a fridge for about an hour to set and enjoy.
- You can also place some in a freezer to store longer.
Why we like it:
- Quick and easy
- Cheaper than buying ready made energy balls in stores
- Medjool dates are natural sweeteners full of minerals and vitamins, they are a high fiber food, and quick energy source
- Cashews and almonds add healthy fats and help to keep you full