As always, when we cook, we try to maximize…so we prepare bigger portions to take to work the day after or for dinner. This pasta is so simple, so effortless, that it’s always a good option when you feel lazy and you just want some easy to make comfort food. Wr must say that it was a satisfaction eating it!
- 200 gr brown rice pasta (for this recipe we used fusilli)
- 1 yellow or red tomato
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 big purple carrot
- 1 tablespoon of cashews
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- some mint leaves
- pink himalayan salt
- In a pot, put some water and wait until it’s boiling
- Chop the veggies in small chunks
- Preheat a pan, toast the cashews and pumpkin seeds
- Add the veggies, with a pinch of pink himalayan salt. Let them cook until the carrots are a bit softer and the tomatoes create the creamy consistency (approximately 7 minutes)
- Add the nutritional yeast, stir a bit, add the extra virgin olive oil and let the pan on a side.
- Meanwhile, once the water starts boiling, add the salt and cook the pasta
- Drain the pasta and add it to the veggies. Stir and combine well.
- To decorate, use some mint leaves, that give a fresh and summery twist.
Why we like it:
- It’s a filling yet delicious main. Not heavy because the rice pasta is very easy to digest
- It allows you to easily introduce some veggies in your diet, even for kids….plus it’s very colorful 🙂
- Pumpkin seeds and cashews are necessary, first for the proteins and healthy fats, second for the crunchy taste!