A sweet delicious treat: homemade almond and cacao butter. So easy to prepare…so difficult to make it last and not to eat it all!! Adding cacao and coconut oil makes it even more a dessert!Here you have 2 versions, one with prepared almond butter (I normally use Pin&Nut), and another one where you can do your own homemade almond butter.
The difference between the two versions is that with the second one you use the already prepared the almond butter and you proceed following the method from point 3, with the difference that the process is going to be faster, it will take approximately 5 minutes.
- 125gr almonds + a pinch of pink himalayan salt (or 125 gr already prepared almond butter)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medjool date
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- Roast the almonds in a pan
- Place the almonds in a mixer, mix until they become flour
- Add the coconut oil, mix for about 8 minutes
- Add the date, chopped; mix well
- Add the cacao powder, mix for other 3 minutes
- Mix until completely smooth (the entire process is gonna take about 15 minutes if you prepare your own almond butter, 5 minutes for the quick version)
Why we like it:
- It’s a treat that is 100% delicious and 100% healthy!
- Almonds are a source of calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus; cacao powder is a source of iron too
- It’s a perfect base ingredient for energy balls
- Be careful with the mixer, it must be powerful. Almonds are really hard and the process takes around 15 minutes, so a small mixer risks to overheat
- The cacao powder uses in this recipe is from the Raw Chocolate Co, fair-trade organic. A good one really makes the difference. The really dark and cheap one you find in supermarkets is less delicate and changes the taste