Delicious and colourful twist on traditional cheesecake. During this summer period, I was craving something refreshing and fruity and a family celebration gave inspiration to this delicious cake. It is very easy to make and will satisfy even non plant-based eaters, approved by my family, which speaks for itself!
For the crust
- 120g almonds
- 120g cashews
- 7 pitted Medjool dates
- pinch of salt
For the Mixed berry layer
- 200g macadamia nuts
- 200g cashews, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- 400g frozen mixed berries + extra for decoration
- 4 tbsp of maple syrup
- Create the crust by blending the cashews and almonds until crushed into small, like-flour consistency. Add the dates and blend for app 1-2minutes. Test the crust by spooning out a small amount of mixture and rolling it in your hands. If it holds together, the crust is ready.
- Place the crust in a cake form with removable sides. Press firmly, making sure that the edges are well spread out and the base is evenly spread throughout.
- Place it to the fridge, rinse the blender and get ready for the berry layer.
- Place the macadamia nuts and cashews in the blender and mix until it starts being creamy. Once it has more of a cream consistency, add the frozen berries, maple syrup and blend until thoroughly mixed and combined.
- Taste it if you like the bitter sweet taste, add more maple syrup if needed.
- Scoop it out onto the crust evenly and place in the freezer until solid, decorating with extra berries if desired.
- Serve and enjoy.
Why we like it:
- Minimum ingredients needed and easy to make
- It will satisfy your sweet tooth and tooth non plant-based eaters
- Refreshing during warm days
- Packed with quality fats, plant protein and vitamins