I often search for some veggie mixtures that I could mix with rice, potatoes, eat just on its own or eat as a salad with beans. This delicious Tomato Zucchini definitely won its place in our hearts and stomachs. It is flavourful, easy to prepare and so versatile. A delicious way how to include more veggies in your meal! 🙂
- 4 spring onions
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp of rosemary
- 1teaspoon of thyme
- 1 tsp of dried garlic
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- salt to taste
- optional: chilli flakes
- Preheat your wok or large pan. Chop the spring onions and zucchini into bite-size pieces.
- Heat the spring onions in the wok/pan for 2-3 minutes either on olive oil or water, stir occasionally. Add the spices and zucchini until the zucchini are cooked but still crisp.
- Stir in the can of chopped tomatoes and fresh basil, then taste and adjust seasoning if necessary with salt and chilli flakes.
- Serve hot or cold with more fresh basil if desired.
Why we like it:
- Minimum ingredients needed
- Very easy to make for beginner “chefs”
- Zucchini are high in vitamin C, potassium, B vitamins and have anti-inflammatory properties and are great for eye health