Great alternative to the classic banana porridge and mixing things a but up. This pear and almond butter porridge is just as sweet and filling. Pears are in the season, so give it a go!
This recipe is super easy, all you need is oats, pear, almond butter and if you want like me, also hemp seeds that I added for extra crunchiness, protein and nutrients. It is plant-based and can be gluten free. I used gluten-free oats, but feel free to use normal ones, it us completely up to you and it will be equally delicious 🙂
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 cup of almond milk/water
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 ripe pear
- 1tbsp of almond butter
- optional: hemp seeds
- Cut the pear in half and mash one half by fork, slice the second half into pieces.
- Cook the oats in a pan with the milk or water, mix in the pear and cinnamon. The pear gives it a nice sweet flavour. Cook until it has thicker consistency (gluten free oats will be done faster), for about 5min, normal oats up to 10 minutes.
- Serve with slices of the remaining half of pear, add the almond butter and optinal hempseeds.
Why we like it:
- Easy and filling
- Oats are incredibly nutritious and contain great amount of fiber
- Great to take while on the go too, in a portable jar.
- Full of healthy fats, protein and slow carbs.