Who doesn’t love nut butters? They can be really expensive and every brand’s taste slightly differs. We really love the simplest recipes and ingredients. This is a yummy twist on the traditional almond butter and a key staple to have in any plant-based kitchen. Give it a try and make it at home!
Nut butters stole our hearts and we have an ongoing love story with this delicious spread. They are easy to make at home, all you need is high-quality and strong blender and nuts! You are sure there are no additives and chemicals. This specific recipe includes nothing more than almonds, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Easy to prepare and so versatile. We love to use it for smoothies, porridge, on toasts or on its own, yum!
- 2 cups of almonds
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven for 180°C. Place the almonds on a baking tray and bake for app. 10 minutes in the oven. (You can also heat them on a pan)
- Once cooled down, place them in the blender and be patient, for about 10-15min. You might need to scrap the mix off the side of the processor and open once or twice if it gets to heated (depends of your blender). Once creamier, add the vanilla extract and salt, and continue blending until it has creamy consistency.
Why we like it:
- Only 3 ingredients needed
- Very versatile- great for toast, porridge, pancakes, smoothies or just on its own!
- Almonds are high in fiber, protein, vitamin E, magnesium and much more