An alternative for a summer barbecue or for some dinner with friends! That’s a practical way to cook you veggies, keeping them light and good-looking too. You just need your favourite vegetables and some wooden skewers. Here you can be inspired by our Veggie Skewers, then feel free to get creative!
- 2 carrots
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 10 small new potatoes
- 2 courgettes
- 1 caulirower
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- half teaspoon cayenne pepper
- half teaspoon paprika
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Soak the wooden skewers into cold water while you prepare the ingredients. This will stop them from burning
- Preheat the oven at 180°
- Cut the potatoes into chunks of roughly 1/2 cm thick; the same with the cauliflower. Slice the carrots and courgettes, 1/2 cm thick.
- Season all the veggies with spices and cumin seeds and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Take the skewers and pass trough a chunk of each vegetable. For example follow this sequence: potato-courgette-carrot-tomato-cailifower-courgette-carrot-potato
- Place all your veggie skewers on a baking tray, covered with baking paper, and bake for 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the veggies slightly gold
- Serve hot or cold as a side dish. They last up to two days in the fridge
Why we like them:
- They are a nice way to present simple veggies, without requiring difficult cooking processes
- You can really use the ingredients you prefer, as long as you cut them into small pieces to have the same cooking time
- They are the good leftover to take to work the day after!