Warm and filling bowl packed with protein from Red Lentils and extra veggie nutrients from Cauliflower. It is delicious on it’s own or with a slice of bread. Perfect for those on a budget, minimum and non fancy ingredients needed 🙂
Being born in Slovakia and grewing up in the Czech republic, soups have always been such a staple meal in my diet. I remember eating multiple bowls instead of main course that’s how much I love them. This Red Lentil and Cauliflower is not an exception, give it a try! Nothing easier than putting all the ingredients together and having a delicious warm bowl within 25-30 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cup of red lentils
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 750ml and boil of vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2tbsp of tomato paste
- Optional: parsley for garnish
- Chop the cauliflower into bite-size small pieces.
- Add the cauliflower into a casserole together with the vegetable stock and bring to boil. Cook for about 10 minutes before adding the red lentils. Add the red lentils, tomato paste and chopped tomatoes and cook for another 15-20 minutes until the lentils are cooked and cauliflower is soft.
- Season and taste with salt and pepper and you are ready to serve!
Why we like it: