New healthy version of traditional packed bars! This recipe came out in a busy period, full of work…and when it’s like that, I crave sweets, comfort food, both after dinner and during the afternoon. So, it’s worth having a healthy recipe that saves us from snacking some junk food.
- 1 ripe banana
- 100 gr rice puffs
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons raisins (or dark chocolate chips if you prefer)
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon (even more if you are a cinnamon lover)
- 5 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Preheat the oven at 180°
- Soak the raising into some water
- Mash the banana, add almond milk and the drained raisins
- Mix melted coconut oil, cinnamon, agave. Combine it with the banana mash
- Add the rice puffs. Combine well.
- Using a cake pan (for these quantities we used a pan that ha 20cm of diameter), spread the dough and press it first with the spoon, then with your hands, until it looks flat and spongy.
- Bake at 180° for 25 minutes
- Allow the rice cake to cool down before cutting it. You can then give to it the shape you prefer, we choose bars.
- The bars last in the fridge for 3 days
Why we like it:
- It’s a versatile recipe: snack, pre-workout, post-workout, dessert, breakfast
- It’s such a good alternative to packed food and bars full of sugar, with a long list of ingredients
- Kids will love it too! And for who doesn’t like the sultanas, substitute them with chocolate chips 🙂