Yes, you read it right. Even such a meal like goulash, which normally is a very meat based Czech and Slovak food, can be healthy. Just a little twist of spices and mushrooms can create a delicious meal. Delicious served with potatoes, brown rice, rye bread or on its own!
Full of healthy fats and carbs, they are filling and so satisfying that they will keep you full for hours. They are great as both morning or afternoon snack or why not a dessert? They are crunchy, but not dry, sweet, but they do not provide sugar overload that many conventional bars do. Only few natural ingredients, no baking needed and can be gluten-free. Give them a try, and enjoy these crunchy bars.
- 400g white onions
- 500 g mushrooms (you can use 1 type or a mix)
- 2 red peppers
- 2tsp of sweet paprika
- 1tsp of smoked paprika
- 1tsp of cumin
- 800ml of vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your sauce pan or wok.
- Chop the onions into small pieces, slice the peppers. Sautée the onions on a bit of water or olive oil for about 5 minutes until soft and golden.
- Add the spices, mix for about 1 min, and stir in the peppers and mushrooms (chopped if necessary). Add the vegetable stock and let is cook for about 30minutes until the excess liquid evaporates.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on its own, with potatoes or rice.
Why we like it:
- Healthy and nourishing twist to traditional meat based meal
- Mushrooms are full of antioxidants and minerals
- Mushrooms are also a great source of fiber