Squishy, soft, juicy…this recipe has been an immediate success and actually very quick to prepare. It’s good when you have friends coming over, nice to present and tasty!
- 1 aubergine
- 1tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 clove of garlic or 1 tsp of dried garlic
- 1/2 tsp of ginger powder
- 1tsp of of apple cider vinegar
- 1tbsp of tamari
- Preheat your oven to 200°C
- Cut the aubergine in half lengthways and score each half with a knife in a criss-cross pattern.
- Mix all the spices and ingredients for the marinade and pour it on top of the aubergine, keeping a bit for later
- Bake for 25min and then put any remaining marinade on top of the aubergine and bake for another 10-15minutes.
- Serve as a side, with salad, with potatoes or on its own.
Why we like it:
- Great way to add more veggies to your meals and replace traditional sides
- Provides great variety of nutrients
- Aubergine (eggplant) cells have nasunin, a key antioxidant protecting cell membranes from damage