Delicious cake in a sweet snack form. Delicious and easy way to snack on something sweet with the additional veggies inside.
Ingredients for 10-12 energy balls:
- 8 Medjool dates
- 1 cup of shredded carrots (I just blended them in a food processor)
- 2/3 of gluten-free oats
- 3/4 cup of walnuts
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of grounded ginger
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- Mix the carrots in a blender if not shredded.
- Pulse 5-7 times, and then process until a thick mixture forms. If the mixture is too wet from the carrots, add more oats and dates until the mixture is sticky enough to be easily formed into a ball.
- Form the energy balls, you’ll have enough for 14 to 16 pieces. You can cover them with shredded coconut too.
- Let it cool and stick in a freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Enjoy, keep any leftovers in a fridge or freezer.
Why we like it:
- Quick and easy
- Sweet and energy packed snack you can grab and eat when on the go
- Healthy fats, carbs and veggies