Delicious plant-based version healthy dessert. A nice treat to make when you crave something warm for a dessert, take with you as a snack when on the go or for your family. They are so quick to make!
- 250g of spelt flour
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 pack of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 3/4 cup of frozen (or fresh) blueberries
- Preheat the oven at 180°C
- Put the dry ingredients, the spelt flour, baking powder in a large bowl.
- Wet ingredients: Melt the coconut oil in a small pan, mash the bananas and mix them with the melted coconut oil. Stir in the maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract too.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix it well together to create a dough. Stir in the blueberries (with a spatula).
- Grease your muffin baking tray with coconut oil or use muffin cases.Spoon the mixture into the form, it will make about 8-10 muffins. Bake for 25-30minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean. Allow it to cool for 5 minutes before serving
Why we like it:
- Fluffy, sweet yet healthy dessert
- Quick to make and basic ingredients needed
- High source of carbs and good fats
- Perfect for friends and family gatherings