Looking for a healthy high protein snack? Here we are! You will notice that we have many recipes for very easy and quick sweet snacks…this is because, working on a tight schedule, we need something to put in our bags, that basically doesn’t require a table and a fork to be enjoyed 🙂 as simple as that! These little nice cubes that are perfect for quick snacks as well as for evening sweet cravings.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (soaked for at least 15 minutes)
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon
- 125gr gluten free oats (or normal one)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 little glass of oat milk
- Preheat the oven at 180°
- In a mixer combine oats, cacao, chia seeds, coconut oil, vanilla and salt. You will get quite a thick dough.
- Add the oat milk, start with half dose and mix. You will need a sticky yet not fluid consistency. For the type of oats I had, I used one small glass of oat milk, but can easily modify the quantity of it according to your preferences.
- Place the dough in baking tray and level it with a spoon, so that it’s all the same high.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Once it cools down it’s ready to be cut and served, then store he little cubed in the fridge. The bites last for one week.
Why we like it:
- They make our snack time healthy
- They are high in protein and healthy fats thanks to a great amount of chia seeds
- They require very few ingredients, easy to find and…cheap! 🙂