That’s the dream compote: the taste is velvety, sweet and slightly spicy thanks to the cinnamon. It’s the best result ever, in its simplicity. And the ingredients are only four!
- 150 gr raspberries + 250 gr blueberries
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons agave
- half teaspoon of cinnamon
- In a pan, cook all the berries for 5 minutes until they get very soft
- In a glass, soak the chia seeds in 3 tablespoons of water (you don’t need to excess with water because you don’t want the compote to be too liquid)
- Add the chia seeds to the berries.
- Add cinnamon
- Cook for other 3-4 minutes until part of the liquid evaporates
- Place in the blender and mix. Add the agave and keep blending until you reach the consistency of a smoothie
- Ready! Transfer it into a jar with an hermetic lid. Let it cool down before closing and then store it in the fridge
Why we like it:
- It’s the ultimate dessert, topping for porridge, scones or just slices of bread
- It’s packed with good nutrients: think about it, it’s made only with chia and berries
- It’s fresh! Now it’s chilly outside, but I cannot imagine how delicious it will be in Summer!