Autumn is here, which means it’s time for filling warm bowls. One of my favourite meals to make in a batch ahead for the week and ready to take to school or work. This meal makes it easy to add more and colourful veggies into your day.
- 2 red onions
- 1 garlic
- 4 zucchinis
- 2 aubergines
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of tomato puree
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 1tsp of each rosemary + thyme + basil
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your wok or large pan. Chop the spring onions, zucchini and aubergine into bite-size pieces.
- Heat the onions in the wok/pan for 2-3 minutes either on olive oil or water, stir occasionally. Add the spices apart from cinnamon, stir for a 1. Stir in the zucchini and aubergine. Let it roast until the veggies are crispy.
- Stir in the can of chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, cinnamon and let it cook for 5-10minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or with rice, quinoa, salad or on its own.
Why we like it:
- Minimum ingredients needed
- Healthy dose of veggies
- Fiber and protein from chickpeas
- Perfect for this autumn weather
- Suitable for freezing and great to take when on the go