Winter is coming, cold mornings are more and more common so what’s a better way to start a day than with a warm bowl of oatmeal/porridge that tastes like a dessert? Delicious variation with cinnamon roasted apple, since I am not really craving whole raw fruits in this season, and toasted walnuts will bring delicious smell and taste to your morning.
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1tsp of maple syrup
- handful of walnuts
- optional toppings: maple syrup and nut butter
- Preheat your medium sized pot with the coconut oil
- Chop 3/4 of the apple into bite size pieces, slice the rest ( I use it as a top layer and decor 🙂 )
- Add the chopped apples in the pot, stir for about 5 minutes until softer (pour a bit of water if the apples stick), add the maple syrup and cinnamon. Stir for another 1-2 minutes. In the meantime preheat another pan.
- Add the oats and almond milk into the saucepan with apples, cook until the oatmeal is ready and toast the chopped walnuts on another pan for about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the oatmeal with the sliced apple pieces on top and toasted walnuts. Add other topping like maple syrup and nut butter if you like and enjoy!
Why we like it:
- Warm and comforting
- Gives you lot of energy
- High in fiber from the oats and apple
- Dessert-like taste