Pumpkin Season is in its finest and they are not just for Halloween or soups, they are delicious ingredients for sweet desserts too! This delicious sweet and spicy pumpkin bread is great for brightening your days, be it for breakfast, snack or dessert.
- 1+1/4 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1 pack of baking powder
- 1.5 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 of salt
- 1tsp of chia seeds
- optional: walnuts for topping, or you can use pecans, raising, chocolate chips
- 1.5 cup of pumpkin puree (I blended 1/2 of a small pumpkin that I cooked with 1/2 a cup of unsweetened almond milk)
- 4-5 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 mashed small very ripe banana
- If you don’t have pumpkin puree, chop 1/2 of your pumpkin and cook for about 15-20min until really soft.
- In the meantime preheat oven for 180°C and prepare remaining ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients together and in a separate bowl mix together wet ingredients starting with mashing the banana.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, blend it with 1/2 cup of almond milk and add to your wet ingredients. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix well. In case you want to put nuts or chocolate chips inside the bread, stir them in.
- Transfer into prepared loaf pan (grease it with coconut oil, or add baking paper) and add the chopped walnuts on top or other toppings you like.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is browned.
- Let it cool for 10-15minutes before cutting and serving.
- Serve on its own, with maple syrup, vegan ice-cream or coconut yoghurt.
Why we like it:
- Very easy and fast preparation
- Sweet and spicy
- Great way to eat veggies
- Nice way to use up your pumpkin