Mixing up porridge with veggies can be surprisingly tasty and sweet. Add a beetroot juice too your porridge for extra taste, vitamins and of course the colour isn’t bad either. It’s warm, delicious and so satisfying!
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2tbsp of beetroot juice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat your medium sized pot
- Chop the apple into bite size pieces
- Add the chopped apples in the pot, stir for about 5 minutes until softer (pour a bit of water if the apples stick), add cinnamon and stir for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the oats and almond milk into the saucepan with apples, cook until the oatmeal is ready, add the beetroot juice, stir well and serve.
- Serve the oatmeal with hemp seeds and other toppings of your choice.
Why we like it:
- Warm, sweet and comforting
- Beetroot juice provides many vitamins and minerals
- Kickstarts your energy levels in the morning
- High amount of fiber