This recipe came about when I wanted to use up my carrots and not eating them raw like a rabbit as I am used to, which I love, but cold weather really made me crave something warm. A delicious combination of veggies, spices warms your belly up, satisfies hunger and makes your kitchen smell divine.
- 5 big carrots
- 3 bell peppers (I used red, yellow and green to mix up the colours and nutrients)
- 2 red onions
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp of olive oil (can be replaced by water)
- 1.5 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of curcuma
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your wok or pan to medium heat
- Chop the garlic, onions and peppers. Grate the carrots (I used a robot that made it so much easier and quicker, plus it saved my fingers this time :D)
- Heat the oil in the pan, or water, and add the garlic for about a minute. Then add the onions and peppers, mix for about 5 minutes before adding the carrots with all the spices, cook for about 5 minutes, mixing it occasionally Add a bit of water if it sticks to the pan.
- Stir in the can of tomatoes and tomato paste, cover it with a lid and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, if you want beans, stir them in and let them cook for a minute or two. Serve with your favourite side.
Why we like it:
- It is hearty and perfect for meal prep
- Great way to use up your veggies and avoid food waste
- You can mix it with your favourite side, potatoes, quinoa, rice and more
- You can add your favourite legumes such as black beans, red or white beans, just anything you crave