Let’s launch Quick&easy as a food category 🙂 why not?! It comes from a need, because sometimes we cannot be bothered to spend the entire evening cooking one meal for the day after. But still, no matter how busy and tired we are, we really DON’T want to compromise on food and good ingredients, especially when it’s about snacks. One of the most dangerous moment is between one meal and another, when we crave something and we are outside or at work; the easiest choice would be to buy something, but oftentimes what we find is full of sugar and not healthy at all. Why should we choose this option? This recipe takes 5 minutes to assemble and 20 to cook…come on, you can do it!! The result is so tasty and satisfying that you will be glad 🙂
Last but not least, if reading this you think you are not a snacker, welcome to the club! Some years ago I thought I was eating the 3 typical meals a day and I didn’t realize how many extra mini-meal I had. Just think about it, if you feel the same, you’d better bake these bars 🙂
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 cup jumbo oats
- 1 (generous) tablespoon of tahini
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spices (like the Christmas blend or the apple pie blend)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped mixed nuts of your preference (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of mixed dried fruits of your preference like sultanas, raisins, chopped dates, dried apricots.
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Mash the banana with a fork
- Add the coconut oil, soft. Then add the tahini and the maple syrup and combine well.
- Add the spices and the salt.
- Add the oats and the dried fruits and nuts. Combine with a spoon.
- Place the mixture in a cake tin and press with the back of the spoon or with your hands. You want the dough to be firm.
- Bake at 190° for 20 minutes. Let it cool down completely before cutting it into bars. You can store them in a tupperware or in any container and enjoy them as mid-day snack or for a quick breakfast!
Why we like them:
- These bars are the healthy (and very cheap) option to all the granola bars full of sugar. NO excuses, everyone can bake them at home.
- They are easy to carry with you: just pack them individually in some plastic film.
- They are 100% vegan and with no refined sugar!!!! That’s the best!! Uh, and I assure the taste is definitely sweet.