Hands up who would like a guilt free treat for Easter! These little muffins are definitely guilt free and they are part of the quick&easy recipes. They require 7 ingredients that we all have at home. Try the recipe for a refined sugar free, gluten free and dairy free Easter treat, to be enjoyed with your families and friends 🙂
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 and 1/2 cup rice flour or oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (if you don’t have it, use shattered desiccated coconut)
- 3 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped dates, soaked in hot water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat the oven at 180°, fan.
- Mash the bananas with a fork. Add the cacao powder and stir.
- Soak the dates in some warm water, leave them for 5 to 10 minutes and then drain
- In a mixer combine the flours, the baking powder. Add the dates paste and the mashed bananas mixture. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Add the almond milk and blend for 1 minute.
- Distribute the dough in a cake tin or in some muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Why we love them:
- They are gooey, soft and chocolaty…they don’t taste like rabbit food 😉
- You can decorate them with your kids…we used some desiccated coconut instead of icing sugar: healthier!
- They are born to be tried with almond butter on top….and that’s a whole other story…promise you won’t regret it!