A little twist on traditional breakfast. It is so easy to just chop some fruits and throw it in a bowl, but when we have a bit more time, it’s nice to enjoy some porridge cooking time and new flavours. Oranges add great colour and juice from them nice sweet yet bitter taste.
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1/2 a cup of oats (I use glutenfree)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk and 1/2 cup of water
- 1 orange
- 1tsp of cinnamon
- 1tsp of maple syrup
- handful of almonds
- Peel and chop the orange into bite site pieces as well as the almonds. Preheat a small pot, add 3/4 of the orange, cinnamon and stir while pressing the orange to release the juice for about 2-3 minutes.
- In the emantime preheat another pan and add the chopped almonds to roast, they’ll smell amazing.
- Add the oats to the pot with orange, almond or other nut milk, water and let it simmer, until cooked.
- Serve with the roasted almonds and remaining orange.
Why we like it:
- Quick to make!
- Full of healthy carbs from oats, fats from the almonds, antioxidants, vitamin C from the orange.
- Full of fiber